1. Last pickup for the season at the farm CSA: head of cabbage, 2 heads celery, 2 apples, bunch of scallions, bunch of kale, 3 small heads of red lettuce, 2 acorn squash, 3 small peppers.
The farmer said I could pick all the daikon radishes I wanted, as well as Swiss chard and kale. We already had a frost here so I don't know how his fields escaped that. I only pulled up 3 of the white radishes and peeled them into a salad for lunch, and I rather liked them.
2. A load of laundry
3. Grocery shopping at Shop Rite
4. Made some corn chowder for my workweek lunches.
5. Blanched a bunch of celery leaves and froze them for use with future pots of pea soup. They add a lot of flavor.
6. Baked a pumpkin pie.
7. Took a walk (where we walked that time, Dido, if you're reading this and ran into my mailman with his dog, along with some other people and dog walkers, whom I enjoy small-talking with.
8. Went to a craft show and wound up buying 2 pendants which are actually a kind of stone whose name escapes me but her prices were incredibly reasonable. Each one cost $12, compared to another vendor who had gorgeous gem and mineral jewelery but at much, much higher prices.
So it was a pretty nice day and only have to work tomorrow and then have Tuesday off.
Done, done & done!