<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > Day 3 of Frugal Fast Week: No Spending's a Breeze

Day 3 of Frugal Fast Week: No Spending's a Breeze

June 15th, 2010 at 05:19 am

Off to a running start on the 3rd day of the week-long Frugal Fast.

No undue hardships to report! I worked a good part of yesterday doing Census work, so no real opportunity (or desire) to spend money, though I could have stopped in at Wal-Mart for more cat food, since I was in the area.

I agree with Mom Cents, who was, I think, the person who said the point of the Frugal Fast is not so much for me to "save" money as to make myself more conscious of how and when I do spend money.

Honestly, sometimes I think it would be difficult to make myself any more aware of my spending habits than I am now, since being unemployed has a way of magnifying every spending decision. Still, I think the Fast is a good exercise and I would like to see this through and prove to myself that I can refrain from spending for an entire week.

These days, my routine expenditures are simply gas for the car and groceries. I am disciplined 80% of the time; during the other 20% of the time, I am tempted to buy jewelry or clothing I see on online shopping channels. At other times, I feel like eating out.

3 Responses to “Day 3 of Frugal Fast Week: No Spending's a Breeze”

  1. momcents Says:

    I've has NSDs on Sat, Sun, Mon. HOWEVER I did "loan" by daughter $1.78 when we shopped yesterday for birthday gifts for upcoming parties.

    Today will be a NSD, too; so, all in all, all is good for me as well.

  2. mmgarren@yahoo.com Says:

    The skill of not spending any money unless it planned for is a very good way to control your impulses and urges. Just remember to allow yourself a small treat or expenditure to reward yourself. If you don't feel good about your accomplishments and feel like a martyr you can mess up your finances quickly.

  3. Ima saver Says:

    I haven't spent a penny this week so far either!

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 9.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]